Applicants to the 2017 Tufts $100k New Ventures Competition may also enter the Tufts Energy Innovation Competition. Interested applicants should check off that they would like their business to be considered for the Tufts Energy Innovation Competition as part of the online application. The prize amount awarded is $1,500.
The goal of the Energy Innovation Competition is to support students to implement projects that explore solutions to key energy issues, inspire interdisciplinary research and collaboration at Tufts, and provide greater visibility of Tufts engagement in energy-related disciplines and fields. Every Tufts student is eligible to apply, including engineering students, undergraduates, Tufts medical students, Fletcher students, and more.
For additional details regarding the Tufts Energy Innovation Competition please visit the competition site.
HOW DOES IT WORK
Our judges will read over all applications and will select the top three applications. The winner will be invited to share their winning idea during the Tufts Energy Conference on February 11th, 2017.
- Originality / Innovation of idea/solution
- Address the need of the problem
- Scope – needs to be related to getting energy to be easily accessible
- Expected impact of the project
- Viability of business model
- The competition is open to all Tufts schools and all disciplines
- Incorporation of the project as an independent legal entity, distinct from the constituent team-members, in the US is recommended, but is not mandatory
- If not incorporated, the teams must designate one team member to receive the prize on behalf of the team
- Please note that if the person nominated to receive the prize is an international student and/or a non-resident alien in the US as per the Federal Tax Code, the payment of prize money will be subject to withholding tax deductions.
- Prize recipient must be a current Tufts undergraduate or graduate student (enrolled 2016-2017) or a recent graduate (last 1-2 years)
- The prize money must be collected latest by May 1st, 2017.