2013 TUFTS $100K BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION:
The Tufts $100k Business Plan Competition will be open
for both the Classic Venture and Social Entrepreneurship
Business Plan submissions on February 8th, 2013. On that
date, the platform link will be available on this page.
The deadline for submissions is February 22, 2013.
- Classic Venture Competition: For plans that aim to
generate substantial economic value.
- Social Entrepreneurship Competition: For nonprofit,
for-profit, or hybrid plans that aim to benefit society
and promote active citizenship.
We have a new STREAMLINED SUBMISSION process this year.
To prepare your entry, please be ready to enter the
following questions into the submission platform. Submissions do not require a full business plan
at this time. Selected finalists will be required to
submit a full business plan prior to the competition.
- Summary pitch. – 35 words
- The problem you are trying to solve. – 55 words
- Your proposed solution to this problem. – 150
- What impact will this have? – 150 words
- What is innovative about this approach? – 150
- What metrics will you use to define success? –
- Who is your target market and how big is it?
Customers/users, dollars, devices etc. – 150 words
- What traction do you already have? Users,
trials, data. – 55 words
- How are you going to make money? Who will pay
how much for what specifically? – 150 words
- How is this problem currently addressed and what
other ways are there of solving this? What is the
competition, direct and indirect? - 150 words
- What IP (Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights) or other
forms of defensibility do you have for your business?
Consider licenses, contracts, and exclusive
relationships. – 150 words
- What are the technical steps that need to be
achieved? – 150 words
- The team and backgrounds. Include
advisors/investors. – 150 words
- How much money do you need to make this work and
make money? What would you do with this money
specifically? – 150 words
*Note: Due to a platform change, the "character count" for entries
has been modified to "word count". We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.