Next Offered: Fall 2018
Lecturer: Senior Lecturer, Amy Hirschfeld
How it Works
Classes will be in the format of lectures, class discussions, and group exercises that allow you to enhance your communication practices and obtain better results from both day-to-day and formal communications.
Your Key Takeaway
You will learn to make conscious communications decisions and will develop the habit of good communication for success in the science and technology sectors. You will gain an understanding of the importance of communication in relation to professional responsibility, risk management, and career development. You will also improve your skills in critical thinking, reading for precise meaning, and careful listening.
What You Will Learn
- Communicate with impact by focusing on the purpose and audience, defining the scope of communication, and using effective language
- Structure science and technology presentations for maximum impact from diverse audiences
- Speak effectively about a technical topic by engaging the audience, projecting with energy and a positive image
- Understand the importance of interpersonal relationships, effective dialog, and non-verbal queues
- Appreciate and address the challenges of cross-cultural communications in a high-tech workplace
Tuesdays, 6:00 - 9:00pm
Starts September 4
Tuition + Costs
Tuition for the 2018-2019 Academic Year: $3,436 (2 credits). Purchase of books and other required course materials are the responsibility of the student. Payment is due with course registration. You can pay by VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or check (payable to Trustees of Tufts College). Additional details on tuition and registration.