Founder's Workshop: Startup Fundamentals and Essentials
Join us for Tufts Entrepreneurship Center's Founder's Workshop: Startup Fundamentals and Essentials!
This workshop will offer presentations on funding options, business planning, and legal concerns for startups. Coaches will be available to answer your specific questions. Enjoy some pizza, learn about entrepreneurship, and make some connections!
This interactive workshop is an excellent opportunity for Tufts $100k applicants to ask specific questions related to their venture and receive direct and actionable insights.
- 2:00PM - Welcome & Keynote Q&A
- Kevin Oye, Executive Director of Tufts Gordon Institute leads a Q&A with Steve Herrod, Managing Director at General Catalyst
- 2:45PM - Acquiring Your First Customers & Go-to-Market Strategy
- Gavin Finn: President & CEO of Kaon Interactive, Inc., and TEC Faculty
- 3:30PM - Intellectual Property Considerations for Startups
- Howard Susser: Chair, IP Litigation at Burns & Levinson
- 4:15PM - Funding Your New Venture
- Frank Apeseche: Chairman of Amstar, Co-Founder of J.Locke, and TEC Faculty
- 5:00PM - Fireside Chat with recent Tufts $100k New Ventures Competition Winners
- 6:00PM - Coaching/Working Dinner
- Pizza and Breakout Sessions with Coaches
Location: 574 Boston Avenue, 4th Floor
Campus: Medford/Somerville Campus
Admission: Free to Tufts students, alumni, faculty, and staff