2017 $100k winners meet with Tufts alumni from entrepreneur and investor community
Over three days in April, Tufts alumni from the entrepreneur and investor community in New York met with winners of the 2017 Tufts $100k New Ventures Competition: Aaron Tartakovsky, Epic CleanTec; Huan Qin, Lithio Storage; Jorge Anton, Tarsier; Peter Sacco, Adelante; and Edward Futterman, -sPARK+ Technologies.
The winners met with the following companies and alumni over the course of three days, where they toured headquarters, pitched to investors, and participated in roundtable discussions about entrepreneurship.
- Blue Apron, Ilia Papas, A04, CTO
- Skadden Arps, Dawn Kikel, J87, angel investor and Founder and CEO of Arcadia Home; Tom Limongello, A99, Senior Director of Product Management at Quotient Technology; and David Feinburg, A74, Founder of Syzygy Global Foundation
- Fross Zelnick, Leo Kittay and host Larry Apolzon, E78
- RTP Ventures, Charles Bonello, A07, partner
- Warby Parker, Neil Blumenthal, A03, Co-Ceo
The winners also met with the following alumni during the trip: Jerry Wong, E85, Managing Member of Angelus Funding; Bill Greenberg, E83, President of Youtherapy; Kyrie O’Connor Stillman, J77, A09P, Founder of The Opportunity Team; Meg Fitzgerald, A07, F13, VP at Insight Venture Partners; Igor Moliver, A10, CEO of One Playce; Josh Kapelman, A12, EVP at Hilldun Corp.; Peter Rothschild, E77, President and CEO of Daroth Capital Advisors; Sarah Kugelman, J85, CEO of Skyn Iceland; David Beck, A99, Chief Strategy and Ventures Officer at Turner; and Evan Roberts, E01, Founder and VP, Phreesia.
In addition to thanking every alumni/ae member who took part this year, Tufts wishes to offer a special thanks to Earle Yaffa, E61 and his colleagues at Skadden for hosting us at various points throughout the trip.