The Engineering Management minor includes 4 required courses + 1 elective, all taken for a grade.
Designated Minor Requirements
Please note that there have been some recent changes to the minor requirements and course numbers, as indicated below.
- EM051 – Engineering Management (EM051 replaces ES052, ME054)
- EM052 – Technical and Managerial Communications (EM052 replaces ES051)
- EM153 – Management of Innovation (ELS101 Entrepreneurship and Business Planning may be substituted for EM153.)
- EM054 – Engineering Leadership
School of Engineering Elective Options
EC5 - Principles of Economics
EM155 - Financial Management in High Technology Firms
- Comp171 - Human Computer Interaction
- Comp180 - Software Engineering
- ME102 - Inventive Design
- ENP161- Human Factor Product Design
- ME108 - Modern Quality Control
- ES152 - Engineering Systems: Stochastic Models
- ES56 - Probability and Statistics
- CEE53 - Engineering Economics
- CE185 - Legal Issues in Engineering
- CBE110 - Introduction to Optimization
General Course Elective Options
- EC3 – Principles of Accounting (Free Elective)
- PS104 – Public Administration (Free Elective)
- PSY17 – Industrial and Organizational Psychology (Social Science Elective)
- SOC122 – Organizational Behavior (Free Elective)
- ELS103, ELS105, ELS107 – (Social Science Elective) (Note: ELS107 only as alternate to EM054 – Engineering Leadership, with permission.)
- DR0027 – Public Speaking (Humanities Elective)
- PSY0006 – Psychology of Leadership (Free Elective) (Note: PSY0006 only as alternate to EM054 – Engineering Leadership, with permission.)
- PSY53 – Engineering Psychology (Free Elective)
- SOC114 – Sociology of Leadership (Social Science Elective)
Engineering students may fulfill their Social Science distribution requirements with the following courses: EM052, EM153 and EM054. For some, it may be possible to count two additional EM courses toward the Foundation and Concentration Blocks. Any remaining course required for the EM major would typically be a Free Elective.
For inquiries related to the minor in Engineering Management, contact Mary Viola, Program Director, Engineering Management Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or P: 617.627.4622.