Tufts Venture Accelerator
What is the Venture Accelerator?
The Tufts Venture Accelerator provides selected startups with comprehensive guidance, connections, and resources to launch and grow their business while gaining knowledge from a tailored curriculum. These student-run startups in the Venture Accelerator dedicate their summer to focus on advancing their venture without distractions. The summer-long program strives to foster entrepreneurship within the Tufts University community, bring the overarching mission of active citizenship to life. Startup applicants to the Tufts Venture Accelerator must have actively participating executive members in major roles who are one, or more, of the following:
- Matriculated Tufts University undergraduate student
- Matriculated Tufts University graduate student
Non-Tufts team members may be part of the venture’s management team. However, the Tufts team member(s) are expected to:
- Hold an executive role in the venture
- Own significant equity in the venture
- Be the driving force behind the new venture
Startup team members who apply and are accepted into the Venture Accelerator must agree to the following conditions:
- Participants of the Tufts Venture Accelerator must agree to commit their full-time effort to their new venture in the duration of the Accelerator program. As such, students are required to limit other employment and/or extra-curricular activities to no more than 15 hours per week, and may not take summer classes or participate in other internships while participating in the program.
- Participants of the Tufts Venture Accelerator must agree to attend and participate in all coaching and programming events offered as part of the Tufts Summer Accelerator program, unless unable to for reasons connected to startup as confirmed by the Startup Coach.
- Participants of the Tufts Venture Accelerator must agree to a pitch conference open to the Tufts community and investors at the end of the session.
- Participants of the Tufts Venture Accelerator must agree to adhere to the standards of academic integrity and Tufts community citizenship as outlined in University policies and Code of Conduct (see uss.tufts.edu/studentaffairs/ for details).
- Participants of the Tufts Venture Accelerator must agree to notify the Startup Coach immediately if no longer able to agree to any of the above requirements. Violation of any of the requirements may result in the repayment of grant funds and/or ineligibility for such funds in the future.
2020 Dates: To be announced
Questions or comments? Please contact Tina Weber, Accelerator Coach, at firstname.lastname@example.org